Food is prepared daily in our canteen by our dedicated external catering team, Aspens Services, who provide a varied menu which changes on a regular basis. Fresh ingredients are delivered and cooked each day, with nutritious hot and cold choices available at break and lunch, including full home cooked meals, freshly made sandwiches and desserts.
Menus are rotated on a three-weekly basis – please click the link below to view sample menus. You can view the current menus and prices at the bottom of this page.
All year groups have staggered break and lunch times – please click this link to view the academy day timings.
Special diets are an integral part of Aspens catering provision, whether as a result of an ethical or religious belief or a food intolerance or allergy. To register this as a requirement please complete and return the special diets form to the academy as soon as possible.
Free School Meals
A number of students may be eligible for free school meals. They will qualify for income-related free school meals if you receive:
- Universal Credit, provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400, as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods (£616.67 per month)
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under part six of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guarantee element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided you are also not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual household gross income that does not exceed £16,190 (as assessed by HMRC)
- Working Tax Credit run-on, paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
Please be aware that the following benefits do not qualify for Income Related Free School Meals: Contributions based Jobseeker’s Allowance, Contributions based Employment & Support Allowance, Working Tax Credit, Invalidity Benefit, Disability Living Allowance, Housing Benefit, Council Tax Benefit and Child Benefit.
For full details, please visit the North Yorkshire County Council website: Free school meals | North Yorkshire County Council
If a student is entitled to free school meals their account is automatically credited each day with sufficient funds to purchase a main meal of the day, a dessert or a drink.